Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Art and Maladies

Found the perfect definition for the maladies bothering me since a long time. Its called procrastination. For those rolling their eyes, I must tell that for a long time I thought procrastination to be a glorified word for laziness!!!
For those still in the dark...do check the definition here.....it is bound to make a lot of you feel better.

Been reading a book called "The Invisible Art" by Scott Mccloud. Haven't finished it ....only reached the 3rd chapter but will recommend it to everybody interested even remotely to the world of comics. I am sure it is standard reading material for comic artists ( I can see them again rolling their eyes).

Have been studying a bit about the art of persuasive presentations and examples cannot get better than this book.

Google to know more....

4 comments:

chi said...

finished it and would still recommend it to all!!!

Eskoni said...

Do you think that comic artists or people who do carricatures (what do you call them I dont know) need to have their talent as inborn (even if not fully but partially) or can competely devlop the talent?

chi said...

Well, for a long time I thought I could think up funny situations but could not get them on paper as I did not have the skill.
Then I started trying and now I can draw a bit.
I think getting it on paper is a skill that can be developed.
Looking at the funny side of things is an attitude!!

Eskoni said...

Saw a book on learning carricatures yesterday. Thought of buying but was a bit apprehensive. I somehow feel that people need to have a bit of the mind bend to know how to draw. Ok I can copy and follow the instruction given on the book but developing a character or doing carricature seeing the real person is a really really tough job...