Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother Computer

A question has been bothering me since yesterday.
" Do I exist because of a computer?"

I am not questioning my biological upbringing,mind. The work I do, what would it be if the computer did not exist?An era where sheets and pencils and instruments have been replaced by this modular ( one for all) machine, I feel the question is a valid one.

Always thought of the computer as a tool and always tried to use it as one till suddenly realizing that it is predominantly the only tool I use. So much so that I cannot have any creative "output" without it. A computer has shaped my perception of a finished product!!! A sketch is always a rough till it is honed by the monotonous precision of a number crunching machine.

Wonder how the pyramids were built...oh forget that...wonder how the Howrah Bridge was built? What about a precision output that is computer free. Architecture taught me that....where did that go?

1 comment:

Eskoni said...

Remember one thing.....the computer does what we want them to do....not the other way round.
The thought is yours.It is just one of the medium where you try out your thought.People have become so tuned to the so called finished look given by the computer but ya if you ask me, one should not be stuck by that. Creativity begins in the person's mind and ends as a finished product. Th computer has nothing to do with the creativity and the finished product. It is a medium of visualization. Thats how i look it.....