Friday, May 30, 2008

Factual fiction


Was remembering a story about how the landscape at Hampi ( see pic) was formed. The tourist guide actually told us three and gave equal importance to all of them

Story 1:

The place was Lord Hanuman's playground. He used to gather the huge rocks and pelt his chums with them. The mountains are the remnants of those that were unpelted.

Story 2:

When Lord Hanuman was flying over the region carrying the magical mountain from the Himalayas, some of those rocks tumbled down and formed what we see today.

Story 3:

The formations are most probably caused by earthquakes.

Take your pick :)

For me....it was a close call between 1 and 2 ( settled for 1 eventually). I know that the 3rd one is probably true but in a world where we can't accurately talk about either the past or the future.....I choose to believe something that gives me the thrills, something that is beyond the mundane....;)

1 comment:

Eskoni said...

First of all....lots of sweet memories with this place....
Regarding teh story of its formation....I can corelate the first two point with my dreams....hahaha...